Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Less Ferocious Tasmanian Devils (August Article Post)

Less Ferocious Tasmanian Devils!
August 30th, 2012
Tasmanian Devils

The Tasmanian Devil, an animal known for its ferocity, is being wiped out slowly. Research shows that what's causing this is the DFTD (Devil Facial Tumor Disease) which is this fatal, infectious cancer that is spread by biting. Researches believe that by the Tasmanian Devil becoming less aggressive and ferocious, it might save the Tasmanian Devil from extinction. Also, the new study by Journal of Animal Ecology says that the less times the Tasmanian Devil gets bitten, the more likely it is to get infected with cancer.

This article interested me because I know that many animals are on their way to extinction and as soon as I saw an article about something that can save an animal, such as the tasmanian devil, from extinction, I opened it immediately.

This article connects to my life because when I was small, me and my brother used to watch the Looney Toons, and his favorite character, and the one I most related him with was Tasmania. Also, something I worry about a lot is that the next generation won't get to see the marvelous things and creatures this world has to offer us, and I wanted to be informed if any animal could be saved from extinction.

I think the Area of Interaction that most fits this is definitely environment since it's talking about how people can do things to help the different organisms that live on our planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment